Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Rode Stereo Video mic on 7D

Nella Fantasia from Jason McDonald on Vimeo.



The Rode Stereo video mic was fit into the hot shoe of the 7D which was standing about 2.5 meters away from the talent. Even though the mic is great, the AGC (Automatic Gain Control) makes the captured audio not so hot. The fact that the mic is being used in a setting where it really shouldn't (Not the right mic for this type of audio recording) was something I knew going into it. I just wondered if the audio was any better WITH than WITHOUT. Under these circumstances I don't think it matters. Crap is crap.

Below is the same clip with some editing done to the audio (And a different color correction applied). I hope to get my Zoom H4n to another session on the weekend.

Nella Fantansia (Slight Audio Correction) from Jason McDonald on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment