Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Galaxy Nexus: My change over from Blackberry




I'm going to make this short and sweet:

When I bought my Blackberry, I had decided I wanted it because of the QWERTY keyboard and because quite a few of my friends back home were using it. I has heard good things about it. But as time went by and with so many people buying iPhones (Not available with my carrier), I was feeling a bit green with envy. I wanted to take pictures and instantly upload them to my site or Facebook or any other social network. Unfortunately, the Blackberry camera is CRAP!

Then along comes the iPhone 4S and rumors that my carrier would be accepting transfers. I'm not sure how it works in other countries, or even here in Japan really, but from what I heard my carrier NTT Docomo, could technically allow the use of a Docomo SIM card in the iPhones. This was not something that Softbank (The official carrier) or NTT Docomo would confirm.

Next thing I know I have a friend talking to me about Android phones. I had never paid much attention to Android phones but when I saw the announcement of Android 4.0 for the Galaxy Nexus and it's camera functionality, I was sold.

Have it for barely 2 weeks now, I'm still getting use to things. I had a problem with it initially as it wouldn't show my contacts in order and Google Earth seemed to be missing altogether, even though it was installed. NTT Docomo advised a backup of my contacts and a factory reset. That did the trick.

Now I'm able to shoot video, take pictures and have some serious fun with my social networks...the kind I couldn't have with my Blackberry. As I am writing this I realize I should have some video and pictures to share but I don't, I'm still having a little too much fun with the other apps. I will however update this entry with content as soon as possible. I just need to get my shiznit together.

A word of advice: Turn off your Wifi and GPS as it drains the power. Also, understand that this massive screen takes a lot of juice so if you're watching videos or playing games, it's not likely to last you as long as your other phones. My wife was kind enough to supply me with a charger just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment