Sunday, October 11, 2009

Silent Samurai

SamuraiI decided to add my one celebrity photo to my portfolio. This photo was taken at Kyoto Movie Studios in Japan. The photo was taken while they did a demonstration of how they would direct samurai films/T.V shows back in the day. The entire study is old Japan with actors and actresses walking around as geisha, samurai, shougun and more. Once a week they have a real geisha walk through the studio as part of their show. The photo is of 福本 清三, Fukumoto Seizō, who is a Japanese actor. He was the 'silent samurai' in the Tom Cruise movie 'The Last Samurai'. He's started in many Japanese dramas. On this day he participated in the television re-enactment of a television show. While he was off to the side with some other fellow actors I managed to catch him looking my way. I had my D200 )Since the replaced with a D700)and my trusty 70-200mm 2.8f lens on. He stayed there looking my way long enough to capture a few pictures. A very nice man.

No comments:

Post a Comment